The sad reality of plastic production is that once it comes into existence, it can stick around for thousands of years.
Plastic pollution is a global problem. The production of disposable plastic products is rapidly increasing and the world is overwhelmed with the ability to deal with them.
- 95% of plastic packaging is discarded after single-use.
- Over 2 million plastic bags are used every minute
- Traditional plastic mailers can take over 400 years to break down
- Plastic is expected to outweigh all the fish in the sea by 2050
- The average person EATS around 70,000 microplastic each year
Change is on the horizon!
Science is giving us new solutions to the plastic packaging problem. There are now substitutes for plastic that wasn’t available 10 years ago.
In line with our vision to be the most creative and sustainable underwear brand in the world, we have designed and developed mailers that are renewable, sustainable, and compostable. Our bags are made with cornstarch and are 100% compostable and GMO free!
They’re best suited for composting, not recycling and have no nasty substances that will hurt plants or earthworms. After around six months in your home compost, they will have completely broken down into elements like carbon dioxide and water, leaving no residue.
It’s about doing good. We are Good Underneaths.